Monday 30 July 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Gaudenzi and Cara Jackson.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
American Graffiti, directed by George Lucas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1973 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Andrea Gaudenzi: Faenza, Italy -- Tennis star (1990 French Open junior).
- Cara Jackson: Chandler, Arizona -- Miss America - Arizona (1996).
- Markus Naslund: Bonassund, Sweden -- NHL right wing (Vancouver Canucks).
- Neel Kashkari: American-born financial guru designated as the Interim Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability on October 6, 2008.
- Sonu Nigam: Indian singer and actor.
- Kenton Cool: English mountaineer
- Ümit Davala: Turkish footballer and manager
- Anastasios Katsabis: Greek footballer
- Markus Näslund: Swedish ice hockey player and manager
- Clementa Pinckney: American minister and politician (d. 2015)
- Texas Rangers' Jim Bibby no-hits Oakland Athletics, 6-0.
- An 11-year legal action for the victims of Thalidomide ends.
- Militant protesters led by Ian Paisley disrupt the first sitting of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
- A Delta Air Lines Flight 173 DC9-31 aircraft lands short of Boston's Logan Airport runway in poor visibility, striking a sea wall about 165 feet (50 m) to the right of the runway centerline and about 3,000 feet (914 m) short. All 6 crew members and 83 passengers are killed, 1 of the passengers dying several months after the accident.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?