Wednesday 4 July 1973, US Independence Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1973 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Anjelika Krylova: Russian ice dancer and coach.
- Jan Magnussen: Danish race car driver.
- Tony Popovic: Australian footballer and manager.
- Gackt : Japanese musician.
- Elton Williams: Montserratian footballer.
- Justin Ring: CFL linebacker (Hamilton Tiger Cats)
- Keiko Ihara: Japanese race car driver
- Michael Johnson: English-Jamaican footballer and manager
- Leonid Stein: Russian chess player, dies at about 39.
- CARICOM - Caribbean Community and Common Market, forms
- In audience with Italian cyclists, Pope Paul VI praises athletes who offer the magnificent show of a healthy, strong, generous youth
- MLB: The New York Mets fall 12½ games back in last place of the National League Eastern Division.
- The Isle of Man Post begins to issue its own postage stamps.
- The catastrophic BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion) in Kingman, Arizona, following a fire that broke out as propane was being transferred from a railroad car to a storage tank, kills 11 firefighters. This explosion has become a classic incident, studied in fire department training programs worldwide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?