Saturday 7 July 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Mantei and Karlis Skrastins.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1973 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Matt Mantei: American baseball player.
- Karlis Skrastins: Latvian ice hockey player.
- Jose Jimenez: Dominican baseball player.
- Troy Garity: American noted family, the son of actress Jane Fonda and her husband, politician Tom Hayden.
- José Jiménez: Dominican baseball player.
- Kailash Kher: Indian singer-songwriter and director
- Tina Paulino: Mozambican runner
- Kārlis Skrastiņš: Latvian ice hockey player (d. 2011)
- Natsuki Takaya: Japanese author and illustrator
- Veronica Lake [Constance Ockleman]: Actress (Ramrod), dies at 58.
- Max Horkheimer: German philosopher and sociologist, famous for his work in critical theory as a leader of the so-called “Frankfurt School,” a group of philosophers and social scientists associated with the Institut für Sozialforschung (Institute of Social Research) in Frankfurt am Main.
- 80th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Billie Jean King beats C Evert (60 75)
- 87th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Jan Kodes beats Alex Metreveli (61 98 63)
- Shoelace Park in the Bronx named
- 78 drown as flash flood sweeps a bus into a river (India).
- Baltimore Orioles pull their fourth triple play (5-4-3 versus Oakland Athletics).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?