Saturday 7 July 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1973 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Kailash Kher: Indian singer-songwriter and director.
- Tina Paulino: Mozambican runner.
- Kārlis Skrastiņš: Latvian ice hockey player (d. 2011).
- Natsuki Takaya: Japanese author and illustrator.
- Matt Mantei: American baseball player.
- Karlis Skrastins: Latvian ice hockey player
- Jose Jimenez: Dominican baseball player
- Troy Garity: American noted family, the son of actress Jane Fonda and her husband, politician Tom Hayden.
- José Jiménez: Dominican baseball player
- Veronica Lake [Constance Ockleman]: Actress (Ramrod), dies at 58.
- Max Horkheimer: German philosopher and sociologist, famous for his work in critical theory as a leader of the so-called “Frankfurt School,” a group of philosophers and social scientists associated with the Institut für Sozialforschung (Institute of Social Research) in Frankfurt am Main.
- 80th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Billie Jean King beats C Evert (60 75)
- 87th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Jan Kodes beats Alex Metreveli (61 98 63)
- Shoelace Park in the Bronx named
- 78 drown as flash flood sweeps a bus into a river (India).
- Baltimore Orioles pull their fourth triple play (5-4-3 versus Oakland Athletics).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?