Tuesday 21 September 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudy Youngblood and Luke Patterson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Abracadabra by The Steve Miller Band.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
Le brasier ardent, directed by Ivan Mozzhukhin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At the Movies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bagman or Journey Escape.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1982 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Rudy Youngblood: American actor.
- Luke Patterson: YouTube Star.
- Eduardo Azevedo: Brazilian race car driver.
- Marat Izmailov: Russian footballer.
- Danny Kass: American snowboarder.
- Parvati Shallow: American reality show contestant winner of Survivor: Micronesia
- Christos Tapoutos: Greek basketball player
- Rowan Vine: English footballer
- Hovhannes Bagramyan: Soviet general (Born 1897).
- Devils beat Rangers 3-2 in exhibition; 1st hockey in Meadowlands (NJ)
- STS-5 vehicle moves to launch pad
- 2,251 turn out to see the Montreal Expos play the New York Mets at Shea Stadium.
- San Francisco cable cars cease operations on Market Street after 122 years of service, for two years of repairs.
- The first International Day of Peace (United Nations)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Donna Summer - Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?