Saturday 11 September 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Different Seasons by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1982 ?
Famous Birthdays:11 September
- Albert Soboult: French historian, dies at 68.
- 96th US Womens Tennis: C E L Mills beats Hana Mandlikova (63 61)
- Chris Evert wins her 6th and final US Open Tennis match at West Side Tennis Club in Forest Hills, New York
- Debbie Maffett (California), 25, crowned 55th Miss America 1983
- The international forces that were guaranteeing the safety of Palestinian refugees following Israel's 1982 Invasion of Lebanon leave Beirut. Five days later, several thousand refugees are massacred in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 September 1982 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?