Thursday 16 September 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
while Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1982 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Leon Knight: English footballer.
- Michele Rizzo: Italian rugby player.
- Fiete Sykora: German footballer.
- Ryan Thomson: Scottish footballer.
- Rolfe Sedan: Actor (Mr Beasley-Burns & Allen Show), dies at 86.
- Massacre of 1000+ Palestinian refugees at Chatila and Sabra begins.
- Sabra and Shatila massacre in Lebanon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?