Wednesday 21 September 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Bilawal Zardari.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Round the Bend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Capcom Bowling or King's Valley II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1988 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari: Pakistani politician.
- Bilawal Zardari: Pakistani noted family member, his young life is steeped in the machinations and bloodshed of his country’s political struggle.
- Qias Omar: YouTube Star.
- Doug Baldwin: Football Player.
- Mike Tyson smashes TV camera outside his Bernardsville New Jersey home
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?