Friday 23 September 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1988 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Ryo Kimura: Japanese actor.
- Shanaze Reade: English BMX rider.
- Anthony Straker: English footballer.
- Yannick Weber: Swiss ice hockey player.
- Juan Martin del Potro: Argentinian tennis player.
- Juan Del Potro: Argentine tennis player of Italian and Spanish descent, nicknamed Delpo. He won the 2009 US Open, defeating Roger Federer in the final, and a bronze medal at the 2012 Olympics.
- Rosa Mota wins 2nd female olympic marathon (2:25:39)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?