Friday 2 September 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nia Rader and Matthew Wentworth.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Monkey by George Michael.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Blue, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynamite Düx or King of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1988 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Monkey
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?