Sunday 22 January 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Calleja and Chone Figgins.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Baby Come Back by Player.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Les Dawson Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gee Bee or Slot Racers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1978!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1978 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
Famous Birthdays:22 January
- Oliver Leese: British World War II general (Born 1894).
- Ethiopia declares the ambassador of West Germany Persona non grata.
- Soviet satellite Cosmos 954 burns up in Earth's atmosphere, scattering debris over Canada's Northwest Territories.
- Rose Dugdale and Eddie Gallagher become the first convicted prisoners to marry in prison in the history of the Republic of Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
- Shaun Cassidy - Hey Deanie
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Styx - Come Sail Away
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?