Saturday 14 January 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Baby Come Back by Player.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1978!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1978 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Just Blaze: American hip hop producer.
- Costi Ionita: World Music Singer.
- Shawn Crawford: American sprinter.
- January 15 ampndash The body of former U.S. Vice President Hubert Humphrey lies in state in the Capitol Rotunda, following his death from cancer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
- Shaun Cassidy - Hey Deanie
- Bob Welch - Sentimental Lady
- Styx - Come Sail Away
- Queen - We Are The Champions
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?