Saturday 23 December 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1944 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Wesley Clark: American politician and retired military man, Clark declared his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for U.S.
- Armand La Rochefoucauld: Portuguese-French nobleman.
- Noel Lucas: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest.
- D J D Dees: Pharmacist / Dutch Minister of WVC (VVD).
- Danielle Oosterwych: Belgian transsexual who underwent 13 operations between 1969-74 to become a female.
- Beginning of harsh winter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Let Me Love You - Charlie Spivak
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?