Monday 23 February 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Theme From S.W.A.T. by Rhythm Heritage.
In UK December '63 by The Four Seasons was in the top 5 hits.
Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1976!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1976 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Dmitriy Dudarev: Hockey forward (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998).
- Kelly Macdonald: British actress.
- Aaron Aziz: Movie Actor.
- Scott Elarton: American baseball player.
- Jeff O'Neill: in Richmond Hill; NHL center (Hartford Whalers).
- Satoshi Yoneyama: Japanese wrestler
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rhythm Heritage - Theme From S.W.A.T.
- Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
- The Miracles - Love Machine (Part 1)
- Eric Carmen - All By Myself
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- Eagles - Take It To The Limit
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Nazareth - Love Hurts
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?