Friday 23 September 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1938 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Maurice Dugowson: French film director and screenwriter.
- Tom Lester: American actor and producer.
- Clifford Ann Creed: LPGA golfer.
- Romy Schneider: German actress, internationally known, having made her screen debut at the age of 14.
- British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain sends Adolf Hitler's demands to Czechoslovakia.
- Mobilization of the Czechoslovak army in response to the Munich Crisis.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?