Tuesday 13 September 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Too Hot to Handle, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1938 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Gaylord Perry: American baseball pitcher, one of the most consistently successful pitchers for his 20-season major league career, winning over 197 games and losing 239 games with an earned run average of 2.99.
- Henri Lachmann: French business leader, CEO of Schneider Electric from 1999 to 2005 and currently Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
- Guttorm Guttormsgaard: Norwegian pictorial artist, in particular of graphics and sketches.
- John Smith: Scottish politician and Neil Kinnock's replacement as leader of the Labour Party.
- Judith Martin: Author / journalist / columnist (Miss Manners).
- John Smith Labour Party Leader 1992: 1994 (d. 1994)
- Samuel Alexander: Australian-English philosopher and academic (d. 1938).
- The followers of Konrad Henlein begin an armed revolt against the Czechoslovak government in Sudetenland. Martial law is declared and after much bloodshed on both sides order is temporarily restored. Neville Chamberlain personally sends a telegram to Hitler urgently requesting that they both meet.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?