Wednesday 28 September 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1938 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Ben E King in North Carolina: USA; singer ("Stand by Me").
- Ben King: Soul Singer.
- Ben E[arl] King [Nelson]: North Carolina, United States -- Singer (Stand by Me).
- Charles Duryea: American engineer and businessman co-founded the Duryea Motor Wagon Company (d. 1938).
- Dutch Premier Colijn sends radio message No war coming
- As his self-imposed October 1 deadline for occupation of the Sudetenland approaches, Adolf Hitler invites Italian Duce Benito Mussolini, French Premier Edourd Deladier, and British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain to one last conference in Munich. The Czechs themselves are not invited.
- Colonel Graham Christie, assistant British military attaché in Berlin, is informed by Carl Friedrich Goerdeler that the mobilization of the Royal Navy has badly damaged the popularity of the Nazi regime, as the German public realizes that ''Fall Grün'' is likely to cause a world war.
- The Republic of Hatay is declared in Syria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?