Friday 9 September 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Too Hot to Handle, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1938 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Richard Sharpe: English rugby player.
- John Davis: English anthropologist and academic.
- Jay Ward: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 2012).
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt disallows the popular interpretation of Bullitt's speech at a press conference at the White House. Roosevelt states it is quot100% wrongquot the U.S. would join a quotstop-Hitler blocquot under any circumstances, and makes it quite clear that in the event of German aggression against Czechoslovakia, the U.S. would remain neutral.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?