Monday 12 September 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tatiana Troyanos in New York City and Bertrand Dufour.
Too Hot to Handle, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1938 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Tatiana Troyanos in New York City: New York, USA; mezzo-soprano (Octavian - Der Rosenleavalier).
- Bertrand Dufour: French surgeon, specializing in oncology and urology.
- Claude Ruel: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2015).
- Tatiana Troyanos: American operatic soprano (d. 1993).
- Prince Arthur: of Connaught (Born 1883).
- Adolph Hitler demands self-determination for Sudeten Germans in Czech
- Adolf Hitler demands autonomy and self-determination for the Germans of the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia.
- Hitler makes his much-anticipated closing address at Nuremberg, in which he vehemently attacks the Czech people and President Beneš. American news commentator Hans von Kaltenborn begins his famous marathon of broadcast bulletins over the CBS Radio Network with a summation of Hitler's address.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?