Friday 2 September 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Edge of the World, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1938 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Mary Jo Catlett: American actress.
- Catherine Capdevielle: France sport Champion.
- Christian Ivaldi: French pianist, who studied at the Paris Conservatory with Jacques Février and took a Premier Prix in piano performance, as well as in chamber music, counterpoint, and accompaniment.
- Glyn Worsnip: Broadcaster.
- Leonard Appleyard: English diplomat British Ambassador to China.
- Mary Catlett: American actress and singer
- Clarence Felder: American actor
- Giuliano Gemma: Italian actor (d. 2013)
- Ernie Sigley: Australian television host
- Soviet Ambassador to Britain Ivan Maisky calls on Winston Churchill, to tell him that Soviet Foreign Commissar Maxim Litvinov has expressed to the French chargé d'affaires in Moscow that the Soviet Union is willing to fight over the territorial integrity of Czechoslovakia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?