Thursday 23 September 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Bugsy Malone, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1976 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Faune A Chambers: American actress.
- Wladimir Sidorenko: Ukrainian boxer.
- Eric Antoine: French humourist and magician born to an Italian mother, known as a giant (2.
- Sarah Blasko: Australian singer-songwriter and producer.
- Homaro Cantu: American chef (d. 2015).
- Katarina Čas: Slovenian actress
- Faune Chambers: American actress and dancer
- Rob James-Collier: English model and actor
- Kip Pardue: American actor and model
- Valeriy Sydorenko: Ukrainian boxer
- Volodymyr Sydorenko: Ukrainian boxer
- Ford-Carter TV debate
- South Africa decides to allow multi-racial teams to represent them
- Soyuz 22 returns to Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?