Wednesday 24 February 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1943 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Kent Haruf: American writer, author of several novels, including "Plainsong, "The Tie That Binds," and "Eventide.
- Pablo Milanés: Cuban singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Terry Semel: American business executive.
- George Harrison: British musician, composer and producer.
- Jacques Bompard: French politician who serves as the Mayor of Orange, elected as mayor in June 1995 and reelected in 2001, 2008, and 2014.
- Jean-Pierre Kucheida: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France. He represents the 12th constituency of the Pas-de-Calais département, and is a member of the Socialist Party which is affiliated to the Socialiste, radical, citoyen et divers gauche parliamentary group. He is of Polish descent.
- Hristo Prodanov: Bulgarian mountaineer (d. 1984)
- Luigi Meroni: Italian soccer player for Turin, an extrovert and anti-conformist, destined for a grand career before he died in a car crash in Torino (Turin), Italy, on October 15, 1967. He was only 24.
- Catherine Cesarsky: French astronomer, known for her successful research activities in several central areas of modern astrophysics. She was formerly president of the International Astronomical Union and the director general of the European Southern Observatory.
- Pablo Milanes: Cuban musician
- General Major Bradley flies to Algiers
- Texas League announces it will quit for the duration of WWII.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 February 1943 and get them!