Sunday 24 June 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George E Pataki and Betty Stove.
The Silver Fleet, directed by Vernon Campbell Sewell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1945 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- George E Pataki: Peekskill, New York -- (Gov-R-New York, 1995- ).
- Betty Stove: in the Netherlands; tennis player (US Doubles 1972).
- Nora Valsami: Greek actress.
- Sharon Sato: Japanese-American artist and graphic designer for Vogue Patterns.
- Colin Blunstone: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Zombies-Never Even Thought).
- Wayne Cashman: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- George Pataki: American lawyer and politician 53rd Governor of New York
- Betty Stöve: Dutch tennis player
- Schermerhorn government forms
- The Moscow Victory Parade takes place.
- WWII: A victory parade is held in Red Square in Moscow.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Should Care - Frank Sinatra
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?