Tuesday 25 July 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Caroline Nicole Brigman and Louise Brown.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Nurse Sherri, directed by Al Adamson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynasty (video game) or Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1978 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Caroline Nicole Brigman: Miss South Carolina Teen USA (1997).
- Louise Brown: British child, the world's first test-tube baby, born by Caesarean section.
- Gerard Warren: American football player.
- Bob Dylan booed off Newport Folk Festival for using electric guitar
- Cin Red Pete Rose sets NL record hitting in 38 consecutive games
- John Lydon forms rock group Public Ltd Image
- Bob Lemon replaces Billy Martin as New York Yankees' manager.
- The Cerro Maravilla incident occurs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?