Tuesday 11 July 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Foul Play, directed by Colin Higgins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Holcroft Covenant by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1978 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Jeff Rich: Sports Talk Radio Personality.
- Kathleen Edwards: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Massimiliano Rosolino: Italian swimmer.
- 49th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-3 at San Diego Stadium
- All star MVP: Steve Garvey (LA Dodgers)
- Auto with liquid gas crashes and explodes in Spain, 160 killed
- Los Alfaques Disaster: A truck carrying liquid gas crashes and explodes at a coastal campsite in Tarragona, Spain killing 216 tourists.
- More than 200 tourists die in an explosion of a tanker-truck at a campsite in Costa Daurada, Spain.
- Cerro Maravilla incident: Two Puerto Rican pro-independence activists are killed in a police ambush.
- Louise Brown, the world's first test tube baby, is born in Oldham, Greater Manchester, UK.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?