Tuesday 25 September 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Arkadin, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1962 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Shreela Ghosh: Indian-English actress and dancer.
- Kalthoum Sarrai: Tunisian-French psychologist and journalist (d. 2010).
- Beth Toussaint: American actress.
- Aida Turturro: American actress.
- Dariusz Wdowczyk: Polish footballer and coach.
- Juliette : French singer, songwriter and composer of Algerian descent by his father who played the saxophone.
- Frigide Barjot: French humorist and right-catholic political activist. In November 2012, she organised protests against the right of homosexials to marry and to adopt children. Frigide Barjot is her stage name, it can be translated as 'frigid daffy'.
- Black church is destroyed by fire in Macon, Georgia
- Yankees clinch AL pennant
- Sonny Liston knocks out Floyd Patterson in first round for heavyweight title.
- A black church is destroyed by fire in Macon, Georgia, USA.
- The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria is formally proclaimed. Ferhat Abbas is elected President of the provisional government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?