Friday 14 September 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Divorce Italian Style, directed by Pietro Germi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1962 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Mariano Apicella: Italian singer, who became known for being the interpreter of songs written by Silvio Berlusconi.
- Robert Herjavec: Croatian-Canadian businessman.
- Tom Kurvers: American ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Marcel Delannoy: Composer, dies at 64.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?