Saturday 18 October 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1924 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Buddy MacMaster: Canadian singer-songwriter and fiddler (d. 2014).
- Allyn Ferguson in San Jose: California, USA; orchestra leader (Andy Williams Show).
- Egil Hovland: Composer.
- Frank Liedel [Leo van Assche]: Flemish writer (Kaperbrief).
- Georges Géret: French film actor who appeared in over 80 films between 1954 and 1992.
- Harold Red Grange, finest collegiate football game (4 long TD runs)
- Notre Dame beats Army 13-7 in football; New York Herald Tribune newspaper dubs them the Four Horsemen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Hinky Dinky Parley Voo - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?