Sunday 27 June 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Wee Willie Winkie, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1937 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Joseph P Allen IV in Crawfordsville: Indiana, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS-5, STS 51A).
- Howard Dean: American accountant and CEO in charge of Dean Foods, a family owned and operated food and products supplier founded by his grandfather.
- Otto Herrigel: Namibian lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Joseph Allen: American astronaut, selected by NASA in August 1967.
- Kirkpatrick Sale: American author and scholar.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?