Sunday 27 May 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
The Lion of the Moguls, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 2012!
Which were the important events of 27 May 2012 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 May
- War in Afghanistan: A NATO air strike kills a family of eight, including six children. (''The News'')
- Arab Spring:
- Six people are given up to 15 years in prison as the regime continues its clampdown on protesters. (Al Jazeera)
- Syrian uprising:
- The death toll from the Houla massacre is updated to 116. (Rueters)
- Opposition activists accuse the Syrian army of firing artillery into a neighborhood in Hama, killing at-least 30. (Reuters)
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously condemns the Houla massacre. (''The Guardian'')
- Michael Haneke scoops the Palme d'Or for ''Love'' at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. (BBC)
- Tropical Storm Beryl makes landfall near the US city of Jacksonville with northern Florida and southern Georgia. (''Florida Times Union'')
- IMF head Christine Lagarde is accused of ampquotinsulting the Greek peopleampquot following her latest controversial comments about the country. (BBC)
- French police arrest the military leader of the Basque separatist group ETA Oroitz Gurruchaga Gogorza and his deputy Xabier Aramburu in the village of Cauna. (AFP via Google News)
- Taoiseach Enda Kenny makes a televised address on the European Fiscal Compact ahead of Thursday's referendum. (''The Irish Times'')
- Thousands of people rally in Tblisi calling for the ousting of President Mikheil Saakashvili's regime. (Al Jazeera)
- The new season of the Parliament of Iran is opened. (Press TV)
- Mark Webber wins the 2012 Monaco Grand Prix, his second victory there in Formula 1 racing. (BBC Sport)
- Ryder Hesjedal wins the 2012 Giro d'Italia, becoming the first Canadian to win a Grand Tour in cycling. (CBC Sports)
- Kolkata Knight Riders win the 2012 Indian Premier League Championship, defeating defending two-time champions Chennai Super Kings 192/5 to 190/3.
- Scottish driver Dario Franchitti wins the 2012 Indianapolis 500, making it his third victory in the event. (AP via Yahoo! Sports)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?