Tuesday 29 May 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
The Lion of the Moguls, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World's Worst Musical.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amy or Dokuro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 2012!
Which were the important events of 29 May 2012 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 May
- Syrian uprising:
- Several Arab and Western countries expel Syrian diplomats in response to the Houla massacre. (Al Jazeera)
- A senior Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander admits that the country has sent troops to Syria to fight against opposition forces. (RIA Novosti)
- The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights estimates that 98 people were killed in Syria today including 61 civilians. (AAP via News Limited)
- Rebels attack the convoy of Somali president Sheikh Sharif Ahmed during an overland trip he escaped unharmed. (Reuters)
- 2012 South Sudan–Sudan border conflict: Sudan and South Sudan restart talks to avoid war amid accusations of bombing raids. (Reuters)
- The gallery which exhibited Brett Murray's controversial painting ''The Spear'' agrees to take down an image of the artwork from its website as thousands of people march in protest through the streets of Johannesburg. (Al Jazeera)
- China's best-known microblogging site Sina Weibo introduces new restrictions on the content its 300 million users can post. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- Four of Wall Street's market makers involved in Facebook's botched IPO are expecting losses from technical glitches to be around US$115nbspmillion. (Reuters)
- Three Spanish savings banks - Ibercaja, Liberbank and Caja3 - approve a merger. (BBC)
- A 5.8-magnitude earthquake rocks northern Italy near Bologna, killing at least 24 people. (AP via Google News)
- North Korea faces its worst drought in 50 years. (CNN)
- Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of the National League for Democracy opposition party in Burma and MP for Kawhmu, leaves Yangon for Bangkok, Thailand on her first overseas trip in 22 years. (AFP via Google News)
- ''Assange v The Swedish Judicial Authority'':
- WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange learns he will find out tomorrow if he is to be deported to Sweden from the UK. (''The Guardian'')
- The mother of Assange arrives in London ahead of his final legal bid against extradition to Sweden. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Assange interviews representatives of the Occupy movement on ''World Tomorrow'' ahead of the verdict. (Digital Journal)
- The Senate of the Philippines finds the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Renato Corona guilty of failure to disclose to the public his assets following a four-month long impeachment trial. (Al Jazeera)
- Police in Indonesia seize over 1 million ecstasy pills totalling US$45 million, in the biggest drug bust in 10 years. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Voters in the US state of Texas go to the polls for primary elections, with Mitt Romney securing the Republican nomination in the Republican primary. (''Boston Globe'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 May 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?