Monday 28 December 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1925 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Joyce Price: American astrologer.
- Bill [William]: Westwood; British bishop of Peterborough.
- Milton Obote: Ugandan engineer and politician 2nd President of Uganda (d. 2005).
- Hildegard Knef: German actress who had been in 56 films by 1978, most notably the movie "Fedora.
- Hildegarde Neff: Ulm, Germany -- Actress (Touch of Class, Mozambique).
- Ti-Emile : French musician, often cited as one of the masters of the traditional music style known as bèlè.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Death of Floyd Collins
- Brown Eyes, Why are You Blue? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Alone at Last - Henry Burr
- I'm Knee Deep in Daisies (And Head Over Heels in Love) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1925 and get them!