Friday 28 March 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1969 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Laurie Brett: TV Actress.
- Rodney Atkins: American country music singer-songwriter.
- Craig Paquette in Long Beach: California, USA; infielder (Kansas City Royals).
- Scottie Graham NFL running back (Minnesota Vikings: Cincinnati Bengals).
- Elliot Perry NBA guard (Phoenix Suns: Milwaukee Bucks).
- Earnest Stewart: soccer player (Willem II).
- Daniel Laperrière: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Brett Ratner: American director and producer
- Ilke Wyludda: German discus thrower
- Dwight D Eisenhower: 34th President / General (WWII), dies at 78 in Washington.
- Aryeh Levin: Rabbi Aryeh Levin,known as Reb Aryeh, was an Orthodox rabbi dubbed the "Father of Prisoners" for his visits to members of the Jewish underground imprisoned in the Central Prison of Jerusalem in the Russian Compound during the British Mandate.
- Pope Paul VI names JGM Willebrands Cardinal
- The McGill francais movement protest occurs, the second largest protest in Montreal's history with 10,000 trade unionists, leftist activists, CEGEP students, and even some McGill students at McGill's Roddick Gates. This led to the majority of the protesters getting arrested.
- Greek poet and Nobel Prize laureate Giorgos Seferis makes a famous statement on the BBC World Service opposing the junta in Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 March 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?