Monday 28 November 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Deneice Lewis and Ken Howell.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Big Deal on Madonna Street, directed by Mario Monicelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winston Churchill: The Valiant Years.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1960 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Deneice Lewis: Lynchburg, Virginia -- Model.
- Ken Howell: Baseball player.
- Dave Duerson: American athlete, professional football player who made it to four pro bowls.
- Jorge Domecq: Spanish lawyer and diplomat.
- John Galliano: Gibraltarian-English fashion designer.
- CBS radio expands hourly news coverage from 5 to 10 minutes
- Mauritania gains independence from France (National Day)
- December – African and Malagasy Organisation for Economic Cooperation (OAMCE) (Organisation Africain et Malagache de Coopération Économique) is established.
- Patrice Lumumba, the deposed premier of the Republic of the Congo, is arrested by the troops of Colonel Joseph Mobutu.
- A Soviet satellite containing live animals and plants is launched into orbit. Due to a malfunction it burns up during re-entry.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Rev. Geoffrey Francis Fisher, talks with Pope John XXIII for about one hour in Vatican City. This is the first time that any chief of the Anglican Church had ever visited the Pope.
- U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorizes the use of $1.0 million for the relief and resettlement of Cuban refugees, who had been arriving in Florida at the rate of about 1,000 per week.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Jackie Wilson - Alone At Last
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?