Tuesday 8 November 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Spring, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1960 ?
Famous Birthdays:08 November
- JFK (Sen-D-Mass) beats VP Richard Nixon (R) for 35th US President
- John Kennedy (Massachusetts-Democrat-Senator) beats Vice President Richard Nixon (Republican) for US President.
- John F. Kennedy defeats Richard Nixon in one of the closest presidential elections of the twentieth century to become the 35th president of the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Roy Orbison - Blue Angel
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?