Thursday 10 November 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Cross Rinker and Neil Gaiman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Spring, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Tim Frazer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1960 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Lee Cross Rinker: Stuart, Florida -- PGA golfer (1995 Greater Milwaukee-6th).
- Neil Gaiman: British author of several books, including the best-seller "American Gods" and writer of the popular "Sandman" graphic novel (comic book) series that was in original print from 1988 to 1996.
- Jean Maurel: French sailor, a professional skipper who has won several races: Transat AG2R (Lorient - Saint-Barthélémy) in Elf Aquitaine with Jean-Luc Nélias in 1989, Two-STAR with Michel Desjoyeaux in 1990, Rhum in the catamaran Harris Wilson in 1994, and Transat Jacques-Vabre in the monohull Côtes d'Or with Fred Dahirel in 1995.
- Dan Hawkins: American football player coach and sportscaster.
- Naomi Kawashima: Japanese actress and singer (d. 2015).
- Maeve Sherlock: English politician
- Isadore Freed: Composer, dies at 60.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 November 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Roy Orbison - Blue Angel
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?