Friday 29 April 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Beavan and Eric Walker.
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1910!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1910 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- John Beavan: newspaper editor.
- Eric Walker: American educator, the president of the Pennsylvania State University from 1956 to 1970 and a founding member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Ex-President Theodore Roosevelt visits Amsterdam.
- The Parliament of the United Kingdom passes the People's Budget, the first budget in British history with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth among the British public.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1910
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Faust - Mon Coeur Est Penetre Depouvante! (My Heart is Torn with Grief) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
- Some Day, Melinda - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Moonlight All the Time on Broadway - Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?