Wednesday 29 July 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1925 ?
- Roger Scotti: French soccer player.
- Harold Kuhn: American mathematician and academic (d. 2014).
- Ted Lindsay: Canadian ice hockey player manager and sportscaster.
- Shivram Phadnis: Indian illustrator.
- Mikis Theodorakis: Greek composer.
- Mikis Michael George Theodorakis: Chios, Greece -- Composer (Raven)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Collegiate - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Flapper Wife - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Gene Austin)
- Adeste Fideles - Associated Glee Clubs of America
- Way Down Home - Gene Austin & Carson Robison
- Let it Rain, Let it Pour - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Vernon Dalhart)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?