Thursday 29 July 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Darling, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1965 ?
- Doug Burden: Rutland, Vermont -- Rower (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Henry James: NBA forward (Cleveland Cavaliers).
- Karen Doell: Winkler, Manitoba -- Softball 2nd baseman (1996 Olympics).
- Giorgio Madia: Italian ballet dancer.
- Andrea Zorzi: Italian Volleyball player, a member of the Italian Men's team that won a Bronze Medal at the Atlanta Olympics 8/04/1996.
- Luis Alicea: Santurce, Puerto Rico -- Infielder (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Scott Ferrall: American radio host
- Carl Llewellyn: Welsh jockey
- Dean Haglund: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter
- Adam Holloway: English captain and politician
- Stan Koziol: American soccer player (d. 2014)
- Chang-Rae Lee: South Korean-American author and academic
- Woody Weatherman: American guitarist and songwriter (Corrosion of Conformity)
- Beatles movie Help premieres, Queen Elizabeth attends
- Gemini 5 returns after 12 days 7 hours 11 minutes 53 seconds in space.
- Major league record 26 strikeouts in a game: Philadelphia Phillies (16), Pittsburgh Pirates (10).
- The last delivery of $2 United States notes is made.
- Vietnam War: the first 4,000 101st Airborne Division paratroopers arrive in Vietnam, landing at Cam Ranh Bay.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?