Monday 26 February 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Bell and Wayne Goss.
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Victor Borge Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1951 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Steve Bell: English cartoonist.
- Wayne Goss: Australian lawyer and politician 34th Premier of Queensland (d. 2014).
- Ferhan Şensoy: Turkish actor director and playwright.
- 22nd amendment to Constitution is ratified
- Bread rationing in Czechoslovakia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - Mockin' Bird Hill
- You're Just In Love - Dinah Shore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?