Wednesday 29 October 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Key To Rebecca by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1980 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Nadejda Ostrovskaya: Belarusian tennis player.
- Kaine Robertson: New Zealand-born Italian rugby player.
- B Sams: American football player.
- Kenneth Harris: Guitarist.
- Miguel Cotto: Boxer.
- Ben Foster: American actor, intense and diverse. He has appeared in many TV series, including "Freaks & Geeks", "Boston Public" and "Six Feet Under", and films, including "The Punisher", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "3:10 to Yuma" and "30 Days of Night".
- BJ Sams: American football player
- Demonstration flight of a secretly modified C-130 for an Iran hostage crisis rescue attempt ends in crash landing at Eglin Air Force Base's Duke Field, Florida leading to cancellation of Operation Credible Sport.
- Mark David Chapman, John Lennon's murderer, leaves for New York from his home in Hawaii.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?