Friday 29 October 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Due Date, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2010 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- The memoir of George W. Bush reveals his initial belief that he had United Airlines Flight 93 shot down during the September 11 attacks in 2001. (''The Guardian'')
- Israeli soldiers fire tear gas and sound grenades to shut down rallies across the West Bank held to protest an annexation of land by Israel. The events are attended by Norwegian politicians Torunn Kanutte Husvik and Stine Renate Håheim. (Ma'an News Agency)
- A suicide bomber wearing an explosives belt kills at least 21 people, mostly Shiites, in Balad Ruz, the town north of Baghdad. (Xinhua)
- At least one Islamist militant from the banned Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan is killed in an operation in Tajikistan. (Interfax)
- 20 militants are killed and six others wounded as helicopter gunships pound militant hideouts in Khadizai, Shahu Wam, Kasha and Saifal Dara areas of Orakzai tribal region of Pakistan. (''Dawn'')
- At least nine Mexican police officers in the state of Jalisco are shot dead during an ambush with drug cartels, continuing a recent wave of violence connected to the Mexican Drug War. (BBC News)
- Saboteurs attack an oil pipeline in Nigeria's Niger Delta, shutting in 4,000 barrels a day of crude oil production. (AFP)
- Al-Shabaab militants take control of a town on the border between Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya from pro-government forces, following fighting that displaced 60,000 people. (AHN)
- Russian and American forces conduct their first joint anti-narcotics operation in Afghanistan. (''The Hindu'')
- North Korea fires two shots at South Korean military units across the border at Kwacheon, South Korea. (Yonhap)
- The death toll from the suicide bombing of a cafe in the Diyala Governorate near Baghdad, Iraq reaches 22. (Reuters)
- Security alert in the United Kingdom and United States:
- Law enforcement authorities in the UK and the US are on high alert after suspicious packages are found on flights arriving from Yemen. A similar package is discovered in Dubai. (CNN)
- United States investigators sweep cargo planes at Newark Liberty Airport and Philadelphia International Airport. (''New York Times'')
- Kings of Leon are announced as headliner of the 30th anniversary of Ireland's Slane Concert, to be held at Slane Castle in May 2011. (''The Belfast Telegraph'')
- Wikimedia, the owner of online encyclopedia Wikipedia, plans to open its first non-US office in India as it seeks to take advantage of the country's open Internet culture, the group tells AFP. (Deccan Chronicle)
- Japan's Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission and the Tokyo Stock Exchange investigate recent trading activity due to allegations of insider trading ahead of new share issues by Japanese companies. (CNN)
- A U.S. Court of Appeals upholds the conviction of Conrad Black for one fraud count and one obstruction-of-justice charge, while reversing two other fraud counts on the basis of a Supreme Court decision last year. (The Globe and Mail)
- Indonesian tsunami
- The death toll from the Indonesian tsunami climbs to 394 with 312 still missing. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 October 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?