Saturday 29 September 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Malcolm and O A "Bum" Phillips.
A Woman of Paris: A Drama of Fate, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1923 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ellen Malcolm: Painter.
- O A "Bum" Phillips: Football coach (Houston Oilers / New Orlean Saints).
- Dick O'Keefe: American athlete, pro basketball player for four seasons beginning in 1947.
- OA Phillips: American coach of the Houston Oilers, then a Los Angeles team.
- Bum Phillips: Coach.
- Stan Berenstain: American author and illustrator (d. 2005)
- 6th PGA Championship: Gene Sarazen at Pelham Country Club - Pelham, New York
- Steinhart Aquarium in Golden Gate Park opens to public
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?