Sunday 2 September 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Red Lights, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1923 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- René Thom: French mathematician who made his reputation as a topologist, moving on to aspects of what would be called singularity theory; he became world-famous among the wider academic community and the educated general public for one aspect of this latter interest, his work as founder of catastrophe theory (later developed by Erik Christopher Zeeman).
- Ramon Valdes: Mexican actor (Born 1923).
- Rene Thom: French mathematician (d. 2002).
- Ramón Valdés: Mexican actor (d. 1988).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Selvin's Orchestra
- Who's Sorry Now? - Marion Harris
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues - Bessie Smith
- Aunt Hagar's Blues - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1923 and get them!