Friday 21 September 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Adam's Rib, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 21 September 1923 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 September 1923 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
See other famous people born on 21 September
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Bebe - Billy Jones
Dirty Hands! Dirty Face! - Irving Kaufman (Ben Selvin Orch)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1923?
- Science: Science vol. 58 issue 1499
- Science: Science vol. 58 issue 1498
- Science: Science vol. 58 issue 1497
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This collection of literature attempts to compile many of the classic, timeless works that have stood the test of time and offer them at a reduced, affordable price, in an attractive volume so that everyone can enjoy them.
1923. Train was the former assistant district attorney in New York City. His interactions with clients, together with his experiences in the courtroom, provided the material for the more than 250 short stories and novels he would write during his ...
This collection chronicles the fiction and non fiction classics by the greatest writers the world has ever known. The inclusion of both popular as well as overlooked pieces is pivotal to providing a broad and representative collection of classic works.
Lewis’ scathing satire of middle-class America, Babbitt explores the social pressures of conformity and materialism. It tells the story of George Babbitt, a middle-aged family man who becomes disillusioned with both conformity and his belated attempts at rebellion.
Tell the world why 21 September 1923 is such a special date for you!