Friday 30 July 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Blazier and Calogero .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to You've Got A Friend by James Taylor.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Got His Gun, directed by Dalton Trumbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1971 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Ron Blazier: Altoona, Pennsylvania -- Pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Calogero : French singer and composer of Italian-Sicilian descent, formerly founder of the pop band "Les Charts" (launched by France Gall) with his brother Giacchino and his friend Francis Maggiuli.
- Christine Taylor: American actress.
- Tom Green: Canadian comedian and actor.
- Elvis Crespo: American-Puerto Rican singer (Grupo Manía).
- Sagi Kalev: Israeli-American bodybuilder and model
- 38th NFL Chicago All Star Game: Baltimore 24, All Stars 17 (52,289)
- George Harrison releases Bangladesh
- US Apollo 15 (Scott & Irwin) lands on Mare Imbrium on the Moon
- Japanese Boeing 727 collides with an F-86 fighter killing 162.
- Apollo program: Apollo 15 Mission : David Scott and James Irwin on the Apollo Lunar Module module Falcon land on the Moon with the first Lunar Rover.
- An All Nippon Airways Boeing 727 and a Japanese Air Force F-86 collide over Morioka, Japan killing 162.
- In Japan, an All Nippon Airways Boeing 727 collides with a Japanese fighter jet 162 people are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Grass Roots - Sooner Or Later
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?