Saturday 3 July 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1971 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Yann Wehrling: French illustrator, politician, Democratic Movement member and former leader of the political party The Greens (January 2005 to December 2006).
- Terry Irving: NFL outside linebacker (Arizona Cardinals).
- Eric Toledano: French film director, most known for the 2011 film 'The Untouchables', which he created jointly with Olivier Nakache.
- Diego Vasquez: Soccer Player.
- Julian Assange: Australian whistleblower, with a background is in physics, mathematics and computer programming, best known for his work with WikiLeaks, an investigative journalism Internet-based organization whose mission it is to make public otherwise secret information.
- 85th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: J Newcombe beats S Smith (63 57 26 64 64)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?