Saturday 31 July 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to You've Got A Friend by James Taylor.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Got His Gun, directed by Dalton Trumbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1971 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- John 5: American guitarist and songwriter (2wo Loser and Red Square Black).
- Christina Cox: Canadian actress and stuntwoman.
- Gus Frerotte: NFL quarterback (Washington Redskins).
- Sophie Anquetil: French writer, who revealed in her 2004 book "Pour l'amour de Jacques" that she is the daughter of famous cyclist Jacques Anquetil and his step-daughter Annie.
- John Lowery: American guitarist.
- Deventer Soccer team Go Ahead Eagles forms
- Apollo program: Apollo 15 astronauts become the first to ride in a lunar rover.
- August ndash Camden, New Jersey erupts in race riots following the beating death of a Puerto Rican motorist by city police. Looting and arson occurred. This was a turning point in Camden's decline to one of the poorest and highest-crime municipalities in the United States. Camden was, however, the site of a 1949 shooting rampage by Howard Unruh, considered by some to be the first mass murderer in the United States. The riots resulted in the demise of Camden's Sears and AP branches. Also in
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Grass Roots - Sooner Or Later
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?