Tuesday 31 May 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reggie Yates and David Hernandez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with Two Brains, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reading Rainbow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A.D. 2083 or Blaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1983 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Reggie Yates: English television presenter.
- David Hernandez: American model and singer.
- Dustin Wells: New Zealand footballer.
- 37th NBA Championship: Philadelphia 76ers sweep Los Angeles Lakers in four games.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Bryan Adams - Straight From The Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?