Sunday 22 May 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Niccolo Galli and Abdulrahman Al-Qahtani.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Let's Dance by David Bowie.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, directed by Richard Marquand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiefe Wasser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Broadsides or Knights of the Desert.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1983 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Niccolo Galli: Italian soccer player, an up and coming young champion by the time he was a teenager and the son of a noted soccer star, Giovanni.
- Abdulrahman Al-Qahtani: Saudi Arabian footballer.
- John Hopkins: American motorcycling racer.
- Natasha Kai: American soccer player and Olympic medalist.
- Franco Niell: Argentine footballer.
- Roger Schneider: Swiss speed skater
- Albert Claude: Belgian biologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1899).
- Toronto Blue Jays' Cliff Johnson hits record 18th pinch hit homerun.
- Pat Bradley wins LPGA Chrysler-Plymouth Charity Golf Tournament.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?