Tuesday 1 August 2000US date format: 8/1/2000, UK date format: 1/8/2000
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jaden Bojsen .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to It's Gonna Be Me by N'Sync.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
The Replacements, directed by Howard Deutch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while The Day John Died by Christopher Andersen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinsel Town.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Delta Force: Land Warrior or Earth 2150: The Moon Project.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 1 August 2000 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Muy Dentro De Mi [You Sang To Me] - Marc Anthony
- Jurame - Gisselle
- Joan Sebastian - Secreto de Amor
- Imaginame Sin Ti [Imagine Me Without You] - Luis Fonsi
- Si Te Vas - Alejandro Fernandez
- Francisco Cespedes - Donde Esta La Vida
- Yo Se Que Te Acordaras - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Por Siempre Tu [I Turn To You] - Christina Aguilera
- Entre El Mar Y Una Estrella - Thalia
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $75.25
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $43.19
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $59.13
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $111.30
- 1 JPY = 1.54 CHF
- 1 JPY = 0.61 GBP
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?